Tag Emporium 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayers Plz

+2
NatCat
MochaMami
6 posters

Go down

Prayers Plz Empty Prayers Plz

Post by Guest Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Please keep my family in your prayers.
I come here & ask because I know there are prayer warriors here.

My dad will be 69 in May, and he has more than his share of health issues.
Two nights ago my he got up in the middle of the night to do something and he injured his ankle and leg. He was stubborn and waited until about 11 am yesterday morning to finally call someone for help. He was taken to ER.
Mom first called me just after noon to tell me what happened. She called again around 3 pm saying that she hadn't heard anything. Then again around 8 pm to tell me that a lady from church called--her husband went up to the hospital to check on my dad and he was in surgery.

My mom doesn't drive and to call for updates or information you need a pass-code (for patient protection). So my uncle went up to the hospital for more details--apparently my dad could pass for a mini hardware store. Pins, screws, and only God knows what else in his ankle & leg.
We don't have many more details, other than he won't be home for 2 or 3 weeks. They're putting him in a nursing home--easier access than at home where there is no ramp. He'll need Physical Therapy and I don't know what else.

My dad is thoroughly cheesed off about not being able to go home. But he has to understand, besides having no ramp, there's no room for a wheelchair to get through the front door, not to mention the narrow hallways in their double-wide modular/mobile home.

Mom doesn't drive--she hasn't driven since before my existence.
She's only operating on maybe 1 hour sleep since the night before last. She's wore out and she has a few health issues too.
My parents haven't been apart but maybe 5 times. So this is really going to stretch them both.

Thank you in advance, your prayers are much appreciated.
Huggz,
Dawn

Last edited by MissLtoeKisses7 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Prayers Plz Empty Re: Prayers Plz

Post by MochaMami Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Awwww Dawn my dear, I definitely will be praying for your dad. He's sounds like my dad, very stubborn and strong willed. I can definitely relate. My mother doesn't drive either. So things are just as hard for me as well. Are you all in the same state at least?? I know it's hard when our parents are vulnerable but try to be independent but they need help but don't want it. Just keep us informed on your dad's progress and again you and your whole family are in my prayers God Bless my dear. 

Warm regards,
Rona. 
MochaMami
MochaMami
Tag Stalker
Tag Stalker

Birthday : 1971-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NatCat Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:19 pm

photo NATTHREEBLUECANDLESWITHHUMMINGBIRDW.gif
I can relate. My father was & always be my hero.
May the angels watch over him also. Take one step at a time.
*Huggies*
NatCat
NatCat
Tag Stalker
Tag Stalker

Birthday : 1960-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by cruisesuzan Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:59 pm

my thoughts and prayer go out to you and your family
hugs suzan
cruisesuzan
cruisesuzan
Crazy Member
Crazy Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NatCat Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:34 am

photo cooltext162078303825645_zpsjhxjvrz9.png
NatCat
NatCat
Tag Stalker
Tag Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cala Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:07 am

aww my thought and prayers goes out for Your parents, and for you, hugs Cala
Cala
Cala
Junkie Member
Junkie Member

Birthday : 1957-01-16
Humor : Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Barrgirl2 Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi Dawn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you get good news soon. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Keep us updated please.

Hugs
Alicia
Barrgirl2
Barrgirl2
Owner
Owner

Birthday : 1976-06-25

https://tagemporium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:42 pm

MochaMami wrote:
Awwww Dawn my dear, I definitely will be praying for your dad. He's sounds like my dad, very stubborn and strong willed. I can definitely relate. My mother doesn't drive either. So things are just as hard for me as well. Are you all in the same state at least?? I know it's hard when our parents are vulnerable but try to be independent but they need help but don't want it. Just keep us informed on your dad's progress and again you and your whole family are in my prayers God Bless my dear. 

Warm regards,
Rona. 

No, we no longer live nearby. We used to live just down the road from each other. Now I'm 700+ miles away in another state. If I could go home, I would to help my mom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:50 pm

I have a little more news but it's still somewhat cloudy...

He has a plate & screws in his ankle, and we still don't know what the deal is with his leg--it is broken but have no idea where or how bad.
He has a "boot" for his foot/ankle and is not allowed to walk or put weight on it.
He was moved to the nursing home this afternoon. No idea when PT will start. And only time & how he heals will tell when he'll be able to go home.
Mom has been calling daily with updates she gets. Her sleep has improved slightly; gone from 1 to 5+ hours per night. She's still quite tired though.

Thank you--all of your prayers are much appreciated!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheers.64 Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:47 pm

Prayers Plz Cheersprayerscarol_zpsce3b9e5c

You are in my thoughts n prayers Dawn..... xx (((hugs)))
Keep safe xx
Cheers.64
Cheers.64
Obsessed Member
Obsessed Member

Birthday : 1964-01-20
Humor : yep... i have it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Barrgirl2 Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:51 pm

Sounds like a little improvement. Your still in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Dawn.
Barrgirl2
Barrgirl2
Owner
Owner

Birthday : 1976-06-25

https://tagemporium.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MochaMami Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:15 am

Good to know that your dad is stable now and in the nursing home. I know it must be hard to just not pick up and just go there because you are now 700 miles away. I'm glad to hear that your mom is getting more sleep. Still in my prayers. God Bless hon. 
MochaMami
MochaMami
Tag Stalker
Tag Stalker

Birthday : 1971-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by NatCat Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:54 am

photo 0Nat252DSendingPrayers.gif
Thinking of you & your family.
Stay strong gurl! Best wishes 4 your parents.
My father was my hero. Take care gurl.
NatCat
NatCat
Tag Stalker
Tag Stalker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:34 am

Mom's sleep has been improving. Sounds like she's getting almost full nights now.

They're both getting a bit anxious, not sure how else to explain, they are antsy to get him home.

I know he's in the best possible place for care & health right now, and I explained that to my mom and discussed a few other things. She understands and sees things in a new perspective. After all some things need to be done & moved around their home for when he is able. Especially if he'll be on crutches or using some other form of walking support.

Thank you for all the prayers, they are working.  :heart:

Dawn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down